Friday, January 20, 2012

sundance film festival 2012 DAY TWO: morning sad face

so today, i went to get my fancy orange puffy jacket! when i checked in, i learned that the getting into press screenings was a no go. so much for that idea. i was super bummed and went to my car to regroup about which 7 possible films i can see. 7 only. that's it. i was on the verge of tears. i'm sorry sundance, but coming across the country to see 8 films, not worth it.

so, now i know, volunteering at sundance isn't worth it unless you do the full 80
hours, get the SUPER badge and stay the entire 10 days. sadly, i have a job. i can't just leave for that long, and pay for a place to stay on top of that. not possible for the normal person. who are all these rich volunteers. i knew i wouldn't have all access or anything with my 30 hours, duh, but holy
toledo. 7 films? and it is not even guaranteed. i hate stuff.

alright, then i noticed they shorted me and i got too more passes.

now i'm at 9 and i'm having trouble debating what to do now. Should I even go to the volunteer shifts? i will say that i felt more underused than ever before last night on my shift. i literally did nothing. nothing. i know they don't need me and i won't ever be able to come back for the full festival, so volunteering will never happen again. i gotta get on the press wagon. i'm so bad at writing reviews though. it makes me angry. arg.


on a side note i have a message for someone:

Dear Kenneth Cole, I wear a F size bra. Wearing a large jacket you made fits perfectly, until we get high enough on the zipper to cover the boobs. SMASH. coresette for my breasts. i now shall have to suffer drowning in an xtra large. thanks for making well endowed girls feel fat.

1 comment: